Thursday 10 April 2008

Frankie Armstrong - Singer and Voice Teacher, Wales

Dear Joan, Richard and all at C P R,

I must thank you for another wonderfully stimulating and enlivening Giving Voice event. As you know I have been to nine of the ten previous Giving Voice Workshop/Conferences and this one was full of the same rich mix of highly educative hands-on workshops, stimulating
papers and discussions and extraordinary world class
performances.

For me, as a Professional voice teacher and singer, Giving Voice has consistently given me the range of development opportunities
I need, all in an intense period of time. This was no exception. As well as the two day Workshop I ran, the three days with Lin Snelling from Canada was a profound learning experience and I know I will continue to work with her whether here or when visiting Canada.

I have participated in a variety of Voice Conferences in the U S and Australia as well as on the continent of Europe, but none offer me the stimulus and learning across such a wide spectrum of skills and understanding.

I can think of no other way in which, as a busy practitioner, I could keep developing my skills and hence for me, as for many others, it would be a terrible blow and impoverishment to our art should Giving Voice events have to end. There are teachers and practitioners from Wales and around the world who, like me, would feel bereft. It seems inconceivable that funding should be withdrawn from this rich unique event. Everyone I spoke to over the five days, be they like me, regular attenders or first time students or teachers, were astonished that this is now a real possibility. I thank you again most warmly and sincerely hope that the funders will recognise, however belatedly, the extraordinary work you do
here in Wales.

With very best wishes,

Frankie Armstrong

Singer and Voice Teacher, Wales
http://www.frankiearmstrong.com/

No comments: