Tuesday 4 March 2008

Amy Rose - co-artistic director, Bocadalupa, UK

Dear Judie Christie and Richard Gough,

I am writing to support you in your appeal to the arts council. The influence that you have had on my practice has been subtle but extremely important one which I will try to explain. For years I have known about your activities, read your newsletters, looked at your journals and so on but it was not until this year that I have taken part in your activities. I recently attended a workshop that was very useful to me and of excellent value. But I feel overall that of far greater value has been your presence throughout my working life; the awareness of your research activities and international relationships have given me a quiet courage and belief to probe deeper into my own practice, pursue my own collaborations and research, to insist upon excellence even when it seemed at first to be economically un-viable, and to find expression through less mainstream ways for the performance work that I create. I am happy to report that I am a thriving performance director engaged in many interesting and worthy pursuits.

So while I cannot claim to be fully active consumer, in any immediate way, of your activities, my awareness of your work, and indeed it's influence upon the wider performance community is a constant inspiration and benchmark for my own creative and professional work.
I am very grateful to you and hope that the Arts Council will carefully
reconsider it's initial decision.

Best Wishes,

Amy Rose



Amy Rose
co-artistic director, Bocadalupa
Bristol

No comments: