Friday 21 March 2008

Jodie Bray - Performer, London

Dear Richard and Judie

Firstly, apologies for not writing sooner. I'm currently working on a new show and in the true nature of fast theatre time is of the essence! I was heart-broken to learn of the Arts Councils decision to cut funding to CPR, but it seems such a ridiculous thing that I have every hope that it's just a mistake that will be rectified.

CPR's work has been a direct inspiration to me for the past 10 years, not only fuelling my desire to make professional theare, but also to open my eyes to the everyday, to travel and to embrace every culture. At the CPR I was continually amazed by the motivation and drive you have as a company to ensure each programme is full, varied and essentially succeeds in opening Wales up to the rest of the world. Living at the end of the road (as many visitors would say of Aberystwyth) should perhaps have been limiting, however the CPR made my world that much bigger through your continued curiosity and passion for making and programming work that is both unique, varied and essential.

I am of course behind you 100% in your fight to achieve a level of funding which no longer serves as an unsult to everything that the CPR stands for.

I urge the Arts council of Wales to reconsider and make steps towards rectifying it's mistake.

Wishing you a wonderful Giving Voice festival, and I shall look forward to seeing you for Summer School 2008

Kind Regards

Jodie Bray
Performer,
London UK

No comments: