Wednesday 26 March 2008

Liz Hodgson - Natural Voice Practitioner, Oxford

Dear Judie Christie and Richard Gough,

I'm crestfallen to hear of your funding crisis, as I have promised myself a visit to the Giving Voice Festival one day! Its inception coincided with my developing rheumatoid arthritis so I've had less stamina, money and career ever since. So I've never actually been.

But I'm convinced that the world in which I do manage to operate, albeit at a reduced level, is so much the stronger for your work. The many singers and teachers who have inspired me have all been through the Festival and have clearly been enriched by it and each other. Without that forum, I know that many other practitioners like me would have had less to work with. I only appear on your mailing list, so you wouldn't know, so that's why I'm writing now.

This year's cloud world design is breathtakingly simple and just lovely. Good visuals into the bargain!

I can't make it this year, either! Rats. But I can write to people, if it helps. On behalf of all of us who still want to make it, all power and much passion to you.

Liz Hodgson
Natural Voice Practitioner
Oxford

No comments: