Wednesday 19 March 2008

Helen Chadwick - Singer, Composer and Voice Teacher, UK

Dear Judie and Richard

I am so sorry to hear about the threat of cut which the CPR is facing. I am deeply indebted to the CPR for the richness of its projects and the breadth of its thinking. Giving Voice does something no other organization is doing in the UK. As a singer, composer and voice teacher, this festival brings together international artists in order to open the ears and develop the working practices of artists such as myself as well as to a wider interested public. The international and experimental vision of the CPR's vision makes it a unique organization in the UK, and a ground breaking arts organization. Arts practice and thinking in the UK would be diminished if it was cut.

Perhaps I should add a personal note. The work which I experienced through the CPR in its long history has deeply affected my own work. For example you introduced me to the work of voice practitioners who have deeply affected the way I compose and prepare performances, including performances for the ROH, ETO and WNO, and previously at the RSC and NT. . It will be a tragedy if younger practitioners will be denied this opportunity in the future.

All good wishes

Helen Chadwick
Singer, Composer and Voice Teacher, UK
http://www.helenchadwick.com/

No comments: