Tuesday 18 March 2008

Prof. Ken Friedman - Dean, Swinburne Design, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia

It is disappointing to learn that the Centre for Performance Research is under threat due to potential budget cuts. I have signed the petition urging continued funding to the center, and I write you to confirm my support for your programs and publications.

You have provided a lively forum for research, reflection, and practice in performance since the centre began in 1988. With roots going back to 1974 at the Cardiff Laboratory Theatre, this adds up to three and a half decades of work.

As Dean of Swinburne Design, I am responsible for our School of Film and Television. In this role, I am aware of the vital contribution that the Centre for Performance Research makes to the arts and to the creative industries in Wales, the UK, and around the world.

The cost of funding CPR is far less than the value this outstanding centre creates. I urge the continued funding of this important institution.

Sincerely,

--

Ken Friedman
Professor, Ph.D., D.Sc. (hc), FDRS

Dean, Swinburne Design
Swinburne University of Technology
Melbourne, Australia

No comments: