Tuesday 4 March 2008

Simon Warner - Artist and Photographer, UK

Dear Judie Christie,

I write in support of CPR's appeal against withdrawal of Arts Council Wales funding.

CPR publicity about its courses and activites has always had a very long reach, which is how I came to its training opportunities, in my search for tools to help me move into a performing arena from a background in pure photography.

I have always been delighted that the courses took place beyond the normal centres for such occurrences, and I have attended two weekend courses, and would have liked to come to more.

Both have been fascinating and challenging, and I'm really not aware of another organization that runs such a high profile programme of publicly accessible performance courses. The idea that theatre is Wales should from now on be inward-looking seems a terrible decision - a real recipe for stagnation.

Best Wishes and good luck,
Simon Warner

Artist and Photographer, UK

No comments: