Wednesday 5 March 2008

Marc Rees - Performance Practioner, Wales

I have always been appreciative and supportive of CPR's vital role in the performing arts landscape within Wales and have recently begun to forge a strong relationship with them. I was asked to present work at the ‘Speaking to the nation’ conference held at the newly inaugurated Y Ffowndri, and from it emerged exciting and vibrant possibilities, notably for me, is a proposed collaborative research and development period with Cai Tomos that would be hosted by CPR. With their demise, this and other valuable creative frameworks would disappear. This can not, must not happen as they are a crucial part our developmental practise as artists. There is so much more untapped potential, Welsh artists need CPR, Wales needs CPR and I am sure that I am not a lone voice within the milieu.

Marc Rees
Performance Practioner, Wales
http://www.r-i-p-e.co.uk/

No comments: