Friday 14 March 2008

Jessica Yeung - Associate Director, Centre for Translation, Hong Kong Baptist University

It is very saddening news to hear that the CPR is facing difficulties.

CPR is an extremely important body not only for arts in the UK, but also for the rest of the world. When I did my postgraduate studies on performing arts in HK (China) and in the UK, I constantly referred to publications of CPR for high quality and inspiring material. Now I am teaching in university and I always tell my students to go to CPR references when they need inspirations.

In my capacity of policy making for the arts in my part of the world, I also urge my colleagues to regularly check up on CPR, because CPR presents and represents some of the most cutting edge work done in the performing arts in the world.

I also tell my theatre friends in HK and China that Wales has one of the most interesting and progressive centre for performing arts in the world. It has a most amazing vision and truly reflects the spirit of internationalism. It will be a great pity if CPR has to reduce the scope or scale of its work and would not be able to make such wonderful contributions to performing arts in the world; I worry that it would also weaken the influence of Wales in the world scene of performing arts.

Jessica Yeung

Associate Director
Centre for Translation
Hong Kong Baptist University;

Advisor
Programme and Development Committee,
Leisure and Cultural Services Department, HK(SAR), China

No comments: