Friday 21 March 2008

William Huizhu Sun - Vice president, Professor, Shanghai Theatre Academy

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing this letter of support for the Centre for Performance Research, Aberystwyth. I strongly believe CPR should to he supported continuously so that this increasingly important research area will remain active in Wales.

I have known Richard Gough the director of Centre for Performance Research, for twenty years, since I became a contributing editor of TDR, The Drama Review a Journal of Performance Studies, in New York.

In the new but rapidly growing field of Performance Studies, CPR is one of the most important research/teaching/ practice institutions in the world, and probably the most important one in the UK. TDR has published many high quality papers based on research projects done at CPR. I personally visited CPR in ‘02 and was very impressed by its devoted staff, inspired students and stimulating programming.

I have also invited Mr. Gough and his colleagues to visit my school. Shanghai Theatre Academy, China’s only comprehensive university training performing artists at national level. They gave lectures and workshops to enthusiastic students. We planned quite a few future exchange programs and collaborative projects. I am just. about to send them invitations to next year’s event. I sincerely hope that you will continue to support CPR so that our joint projects can be carried out and more cultural exchanges between the UK and China will prosper.

Yours sincerely.

William Huizhu Sun. PhD
Vice president, Professor
Shanghai Theatre Academy

No comments: