Monday 3 March 2008

Ian Pringle - Artistic Director, Cake Theatre, Birmingam

Having just attended a weekend workshop by Phelim Mcdermot at CPR in Aberystwyth, I am very concerned to hear that funding has been withdrawn from this organisation. Here is a list of the benefits that I and others have gained from this event.

Not only did I gain new skills for myself, but a by-product of attending this workshop was that i was able to pass on these skills to all the other artists that i work with, who in turn have used them in their own work.

The workshop was attended by around 25 individual Artists, whom I have been in contact with since the event, and have already contributed to the growth in my own small arts organisation.

The cost of the workshops at CPR is extremely good value and this must be entirely due to the funding that CPR has received.

Without this funding the attendance would surely have been lower and therefore the benefits for the Arts community as a whole would be less.

Ian Pringle
Artistic Director
http://caketheatreworkshops.co.uk/

No comments: