Monday 25 February 2008

Annie Loui - Director and choreographer

Dear Richard Gough;

I was truly sad to hear of the intended budget cuts that will impact so severely on your very important work. I know from my experience coming to Aberstwyth for the "Etienne Decroux - Past-Masters Symposium" that the integrity of the group and the honest inquiry established by the organization, made this a highlight of theatrical communication. It was rare moment in time to be able to exchange work and philosophy with the international practitioners you summoned. It had the intensity of a student symposium, but the perspective of a group of professional theater artists in the working world. I treasured the exchange. And I have to say that the journey to your sea-battered coast gave a certain poignancy to the moment- I believe that you have created and nurtured a truly international forum that is effective both because of your forward -thinking, but also because of the place itself. I hope that the Arts Council of Wales takes its unique position into consideration- we need the magic of such places in our world- and we need to keep it accessible and producing such high quality events. You create a place for potential, and I hope you are able to keep raising the bar -

Much respect and onward!

Annie Loui

Director, Choreographer and Director of the Movement Program for the MFA Actor Training
University of California, Irvine

No comments: