Monday 25 February 2008

Carmel George - Performance Practitioner, Wales

Dear Judie

I am writing to express my dismay at the news that the Arts Council of Wales is cutting its funding to the Centre for Performance Research.

CPR ‘s reputation as a centre for both academic and performance research and development is acknowledged internationally. To have such a resource based in Wales should be seen as a coup for the Arts Council of Wales, not a burden and this decision is extremely short-sighted.

As a performer, living in Wales, I value highly the work of CPR and have benefited over the years from the opportunity to work with international practitioners and also through having access to a comprehensive body of archive material, material which it has taken years of work to accumulate.

I want to offer my support for the CPR and I trust that the Arts Council of Wales will reconsider their decision.

Best wishes

Carmel George
Performance Practitioner
Machynlleth, Wales

No comments: