Monday 25 February 2008

Dr. Elizabeth Jacobs

To Judie Christie & Richard Gough

I am writing this letter in support of the CPR and the work you do there.

I have a keen interest in theatre and performance, and the CPR has helped enormously with my research into these subjects.
Understandably I was deeply shocked and saddened to hear of the withdrawal of funds from the CPR budget by the ACW on a semi-permanent basis.

What logical reasoning can there possibly be behind such a decision?
Mid Wales desperately needs as much lively entertainment and performance art as we can get, as we live in such an isolated and rural area.

Why do the ACW want to deny the local community the opportunity to enjoy and use the CPR and its many projects?
I do hope that the ACW's decision can be reversed, as on a community and academic level it could leave Mid Wales intellectually and culturally bereft.


Dr. Elizabeth Jacobs

No comments: