Monday 25 February 2008

Persis Jade Maravala - Artistic Director, Para-active, London

Dear Judie Christie

I am very very sorry to hear about the funding cuts to CPR. Quite honestly I am shocked and disappointed. I and my company para active have always valued such a resource as your own, which has proven to be almost unique in its aim and objectives and in providing people with so many opportunities to increase knowledge and widen their horizons in theatre and the performing arts.Myself I had great experience when as a very young woman I was able to come and work with Roberta Carreri and this had a great impact on me. In fact I subsequently started working with Jonathan Grieve and haven't looked back. My 2nd great experience was working with Guillermo Gomez Pena who consequently invited me to join the company and since I have done many performances with him as a colleague. Had it not been for CPR none of these possibilities could have occurred.

So please accept this as a letter of support and let me know if I can do anything else to help you.

Yours lovingly

Persis Jade Maravala
Artistic Director – Para-active, London
www.para-active.com

No comments: