Friday 22 February 2008

Stuart Lynch - Director, Paradance Theatre Denmark


TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Re: Reduction in Funding for Centre For Performance Research (CPR)

My name is Stuart Lynch. I currently reside in Copenhagen Denmark. I am Artistic Director of the government funded performance theatre ‘Paradance Theatre’, leader of the 24 Hour Performance Project and curator of the new Danish International Biennale Performance Festival 'PSK'.

I have been a guest artist within several CPR programmes. I am writing now and in haste, as I have understood that CPR is to have its budget cut drastically or re-assigned in such as way as to make its present organisational system inoperable.

I am writing to state that this would be an enormous mistake. The Centre is, and has been, an extremely important element for the development of the Welsh, National and International performing arts culture. To undermine its function in any-way would be potential disastrous for the performing arts in general but also, from my research, in Wales. CPR's reputation as one of the worlds best research establishments is very real and is, even here in Copenhagen, used as a model for discussion, debate and reference.

I therefore offer my unconditional support for the centre and respectfully ask that any decision that threatens the full functioning of CPR be fully reviewed or be transformed in such a way as to allow an equivalent or better operational solution to be formed

Yours in good faith,

Stuart Lynch


Director: PARADANCE THEATRE DENMARK and 24 PERFORMANCE PROJECT
Curator: PSK The Danish International Biennale Performance Festival

No comments: