Friday 22 February 2008

Solveig Frykman-Lloyd - Lecturer in Movement & Dance and choreographer, Wales

Dear Judie and Richard and all

I was absolutely stunned to hear your news!

As you know the same has happened to Dawns Dyfed with all funding cut for
the 3 counties with the same unsatisfactory lack of reasons. Although we
will appeal, it will again go to Peter Tyndall, so I believe come July, I
will be out of post as will my colleagues.

Therefore, funding for provision in west Wales will now cease, with ACW cuts
to both CPR and DD, meaning the rural communities are hit again. One would
have thought that excellent training provision on both national and
international level for both community and professional level would be
protected.

Standard letters appear to have gone out, giving very similar explanations
to both organisations as well as anyone who wrote to ACW to protest.

I will be writing but in the meantime express my abhorrence at what is
happening, what has happened to you and to us.

I had hoped to attend some of 'Giving Voice' once more but need to
reconsider this year because of what the ACW outcome is likely to be and
having to consider my future and financial situation.

I do wish you all the best with your appeal.

All the best
solveig x



Solveig Frykman-Lloyd
Lecturer in Movement & Dance and a freelance choreographer, Wales

No comments: