Monday 25 February 2008

Frankie Armstrong - Singer and Voice Teacher, Wales

Dear C P R,

I received your information here in Australia where
I am working. I am appalled to hear of the proposed cut in your funding and the totally inappropriate alternative suggestion from the A C W . To lose the work of the C P R would be a tragic loss to Wales, the U K and the whole International Theatre scene.

As you know I actually moved to Cardiff some 18 years ago, in order to have access to your wonderful range of work, teaching, performances and resources. I have remained in close touch even though it is no longer easy for me to get to your current base.

I cannot stress strongly enough how important I know your work to be across such a wide range of activities. As an Internationally known singer and voice teacher I have learned an enormous amount from attending as both teacher and student, all but one of your Giving Voice events. They are unique in the world and it would be a disaster should these events disappear.

So many of your activities have this same unique quality ranging from the most accessible practice to highly theoretical talks and discussions, along with world class performances.

I sincerely hope the A C W will reconsider it's decision and restore your funding in full. With every good wish for your continuing future,

Frankie Armstrong
Singer and Voice Teacher, Wales


www.frankiearmstrong.com

No comments: